I like to get my hands on a collection of items: beauty and skincare products, apparel, home goods, reading materials, foods and more. Once I find items I love, I enjoy sharing them with you -- and hopefully getting you as hooked on them as I am.
As Earth Day is approaching (April 22nd), I wanted to share some of my current favorite natural products. These range from beauty and skincare to home goods. Earth Day is a great reminder to take note of what items you use and what impact they have on your body and the environment.
All of the product titles are linked so you can purchase them too!
I hope you enjoy them -- tweet me @harper_spero and let me know what your favorites are!
1. Force of Nature: This product just became available one month ago -- and I am so glad it did. Force of Nature allows you to turn salt, water and vinegar into a non-toxic all-purpose cleaner and disinfectant that's up to ten times more effective than bleach, yet completely safe. The coolest thing is that it comes with a device that you plug in to turn the concoction of three ingredients into electrolyzed water. It's easy, fun and safe!
2. daniPro Nail Polish: If you know me, you know I am out of character without red nails. The challenge is -- finding a polish that is non-toxic that actually stays on. Enter: daniPRO! daniPRO was created by NYC podiatrist, Dr. Gary Evans. This is the newest doctor-created toxin-free polish that has no harmful ingredients. My favorite color, pictured above is First Kiss-Red.
3. lilah b. Bronzer Duo: When I was browsing the new Barney's in Chelsea, I stumbled upon the lilah b. counter and started trying on their products. I was immediately interested in the Bronzer Duo. Chic and sleek packaging with an incredible easy-to-use product. lilah b. blends high performance ingredients with nourishing elements from the earth to the sea to create a minimalistic collection of color.
4. Badger Balm Zinc Oxide Sunscreen Lotion - SPF 25 Unscented: I have had a really hard time finding a natural sunscreen that I didn't break out from. I randomly discovered it online a few months ago before traveling and decided to check it out. I will warn you -- it's thick, really thick but it's doing it's job as it's hypoallergenic, non-toxic and has a gentle aloe and sunflower oil base.
5. Yes To Cucumbers Facial Wipes: I discovered this brand when I met one of its amazing founders, Ido Leffler. I tested out some of the products and this was one that I keep going back for. My skin is too sensitive to tolerate many fragrances but this is one of few that doesn't bother me -- in fact, I love the smell. These wipes come in different package sizes so that you can keep them in your bag at all times.
6. Erbaviva Jasmine Grapefruit Organic Deodorant: I learned about this product through my friend Amie Valpone of The Healthy Apple last year. I instantly became hooked on this product because it doesn't leave marks on your clothing. It smells delicious and actually does its job. This product is aluminum and chemical free.