Back by popular demand is my monthly series: Love of my Life(Style)! I like to get my hands on a collection of times: beauty and skincare products, apparel, home goods, reading materials, foods and more. Once I find items I love, I enjoy sharing them with you -- and hopefully getting you as hooked on them as I am.
This month -- with the start of the new year and post-holiday craziness, I decided to focus on items that provide and encourage peace and calmness.
All of the product titles are linked so you can purchase them too!
I hope you enjoy them -- tweet me @harper_spero and let me know what your favorites are!
1. ItalicHome Scented Soy Candle in Paint Cans (scent: Houseboat): While in Austin a few months ago -- I was told to go to Mockingbird Domestics where my friend and I couldn't stop smelling this candle. We both purchased it -- went through it and re-ordered more. It's a very unique smell -- woodsmoke with a top note of citrus. The fact that is comes in a paint can is unlike any other candles. You need it, trust me.
2. Tulsi Lemon Ginger Tea: My friend Aly is providing me with a monthly gift bag (our version of Birchbox) of amazing items that she thinks I would love from Whole Foods Market. My December gift bag included a few of these teabags and I love the taste. if you've followed me for more than a day, you know my obsession with ginger. This is honestly a subtle ginger flavor because of the lemon and it's delicious.
3. Handmade La Conner Whipped Moisturizing Cream in Lemon + Lavender: While in San Francisco a few weeks ago, I stumbled upon this adorable store, Curator where I wandered around for a while yet kept going back to this product. I smelled, I tested, I smelled and tested again and decided to take the plunge. My skin has been extremely dry this winter and this has been the answer. It has seven ingredients (which is so rare) that are all natural. It is in my bag at all times.
4. doTERRA Aroma Lite Diffuser*: My friend and holistic health coach, Casey hosted a doTERRA essential oils workshop a few months ago in NYC. She plugged in this diffuser and I was immediately gushing over it. I recently purchased it and realized how many perks it has. It's a nightlight (yes, this means something to me), it can diffuse for 4 or 8 hours (pretty unheard of when it comes to diffusers) and it works so effectively. You can drop any oils in it and poof -- your room smells great!
5. How to Relax by Thich Nhat Hanh: Also while in San Francisco, I was waiting for a ferry to Sausalito and went into one of the gift shops in the Ferry Building where there was a shelf of "How to" books by Thich Nhat Hanh. This one caught my eye -- I read it on the ferry and now keep it on my side table as a gentle reminder to relax.
6. Graphic Image 8" Lined Soft Cover Traditional Leather Journal (monogrammed!): My wonderful client bought this for me for the holidays and I couldn't love it more. Who doesn't love something with their initials on it? The quality of the leather and paper make it clear that I will have this notebook for life. Can't wait to fill it up with all of my thoughts!
7. doTERRA Breathe Essential Oil Blend*: Yes, I have two doTERRA products on here because I love them so much. This product is a total game changer. I put it in my water when I'm starting to feel like a cold or something is coming on -- it immediately brings me back to life. I put it in my diffuser, sprinkle it around my apartment, inhale it -- anything! It's simply amazing.
*If you are interested in purchasing doTERRA products, please contact me to order them through a distributer.
Do you have products that you love that keep you calm and peaceful -- what are they? Tweet me @harper_spero and share with me!